Every year, people always ask what my New Year’s Resolutions are. I haven’t made Resolutions in years, cuz if I’m gonna change something, I’m just gonna do it. I don’t need a big grand gesture to start. I know some of you do, and that’s GREAT! As you’re starting on this change, be thinking about what you’re going to do DAILY to get you there. What will your weekly goals be? Monthly? Most people fail to succeed because they focus on the big goal, without a plan to get you there. So decide on your goal, and then what you realistically CAN do and NEED to do to get there. Need help? If its a fitness/health goal, I can help w weekly wellness coaching sessions – by phone or in person.
January always seems to bring about other changes for me – and this year it is a schedule shift. While I’ve been enjoying my Mondays off, it seems I suddenly have a lot of clients that need Mondays. So I’m opening them up a little bit more. Before you get too excited – Monday is already full. I’ve got 2 regular clients every other Wednesday, so I’m taking the opposing Wednesdays off as office days. The Wed 530p Pilates Class will stay as scheduled. I’m also truncating Fridays so I’m done right before I swim at 12. While I like to have a 15 min break between clients, this may not be the case so I can get the most people in. Thank you for understanding this schedule shift. I need time to get stuff done. I’ve still got a CranioSacral Therapy written test I need to write. I’ve got continuing ed for tri coaching & my other certs that I need to do. And my desk, somehow, gets cluttered every week, no matter how clean it starts. If anyone is already scheduled in these times, you’re appt time will be honored.
With that said, if you are needing to change your regular slot, please let me know ASAP – this is the time to do it!
In this post:
- Pilates classes for January
- Reminder on Studio policies; tips on the online scheduler
- Tower Garden Times
- Plumeria for sale (donation to Austin Dog Alliance)
- Studio Schedule & Closings
Pilates classes for January
January 3 & 4, 24 & 25, 31 & Feb 1. We’ll miss 2 weeks.
All $12 per class if you pay for the month, drop in rate is $15 per class.
Also, since attendance has been running a bit low, I’m instituting the following:
- must have 3 to make a class
- if 2 people, ea person will be charged for 2 class sessions (making it a duet, regular price of $30, so you saves you up to $6)
- if 1 person, option to do a private (5 class session value) or cancel.
- I will verify the attendance about 12 hours prior, and let you know so you have a choice.
Studio policies, tips on the online scheduler
Reminders on Studio policies, so no one is surprised:
- 24h cancellation policy: Please give 24 hours notice before canceling any appt, or I reserve the right to charge you for a session. Most of the time I accept a notice given before i go to bed (and I go to bed early). I acknowledge there are emergenices & valid reasons for missing, in which case you will not be charged. These are at my discretion.
- If you are sick or think you are becoming so, please cancel. 24h cancellation policy may not apply.
- Your appt time starts when scheduled, or within 5 minutes.
- I do my best to allow 15 min between sessions to give us both a little flexibility. Realize this is not always the case however. Feel free to arrive 0-5 min before the start of your appt.
- If you arrive late, your appt still ends at the original time unless pre-approved.
- Massages (1h appts) may run anywhere from 50-70 min, at my discretion, based on your needs & my schedule.
- Pilates private sessions last 50-55 mins (1 hr appt) and 25-30 min (30 min appt) in most circumstances.
- Email and/or text confirmations are sent automatically via vCita 2 days before your session. Please make sure you are receiving these in the format you prefer. Email is required for all appts.
Tips for using vCita:
- add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book so you get your notifications.
- if you hit the “invite” button on texts/emails, it will automatically put them on whatever calendar you use.
- When looking for appts, keep in mind the scheduler has a 15 min block before all massages. Not necessarily so for Pilates sessions. If you’re having troubles finding an hour slot, look for a 30 min slot, then book it and ask if there is actually an hour option that is not showing up. I can decline the appt if its not an hour. Realize this may be one of the appts that runs more like 50 min. Friday mornings get this way.
Tips for getting in touch w Sharon:
- Text/email are way easier since i’m typically short on time between clients. Replying that way is much faster for me then a phone call. Also, thru the vCita system.
Plumeria for sale
My vet sells plumeria plants, seeds & seedlings, with the proceeds going to the Austin Dog Alliance. I’m helping her out and pimping them here. Plants – $20-25; seedlings – $5; packet of 10 seeds – $5. Plants are a variety of colors, and the seedlings/seeds are a mystery. She’s got a plumeria addiction, and they cross pollinate. If you want the donation for your tax write off, please send email me your receipt prior to delivery/pickup. Otherwise cash is preferred. I only keep a few in stock, so let me know what you want something so I can make sure it is here. Current stock: 2 plants (Mardi Gras, and Violet Jack colors), a plethora of seedlings, and several seed packets. Let me know which you want!
January Studio Schedule & Closings
Closings – New Years’ Day (1/1), Out of office (1/11-18)
Mondays – 11:00a – 5p thru 1/19; 2 – 7:45p starting 1/22
- Studio hours: 11 – 11:45a, 2:00 – 5p
- 6:30-7:45p Track/Hill Training thru Northwest YMCA
Tuesdays – 5:30a – 4p
- Studio hours: 8a – 4p
- 5:30-6:45a Track/Hill Training thru Northwest YMCA
Wednesdays – classes only
- Studio hours: none aside from classes & 2 already scheduled clients. Office Day.
- 10:45a-12p Viniyoga at the Northwest YMCA
- 5:30-6:30p Pilates Mat Class at the Studio
Thursdays – 5:30a – 4p
- Studio hours: 8:45a – 4p
- 10-11a Pilates Mat Class at the Studio
Friday 5:30 – 11:45a
- Studio hours: 8 – 11:45a
- 5:30 – 6:45a Run Coaching for Austin YTri