Your guide to everything under the moon, the Amber Moon, for the 2 weeks starting 11/12/23
I’m doing remarkably well. This knee is a night & day difference from knee #1. Firstly, I highly recommend nerve ablation. It was done 2 weeks prior to surgery. I’ve not been on opioids for pain, just Tylenol. Secondly, this knee had a completely different reason for being replaced, and wasn’t as severely out of alignment like the other one. Thirdly, the rest of me was in much better shape going IN to surgery. I hadn’t compensated my walk, which messed with my low back, SI joint & hips on the first knee.
So, 2 weeks off was good. I’ve worn myself out this weekend (in the best possible way), and taken naps (oh blessed naps!). I wasn’t ready to come back until now.
With that said, things will still be modified:
- Classes & Personal Pilates sessions will be taught from the chair. Not been to a class? It’s a great time to get that attention on form & technique you need, since I can really que what you need.
- Massages will be done in the medical or CST format for a bit. In English, you’ll be clothed and on top of the sheets. My ability to stand and apply pressure into massage strokes is not there yet. I will need to be seated for the majority of the session, at least thru Thanksgiving.
- Cousin Amy will be in charge. If she says I need to cancel, I cancel. I can’t always see that I need to. She will. I have been needing a nap a day (lunch-ish), so a reschedule might be in order.
The good news – I’m so far ahead of where I was with my other knee, that I’m hoping I’m back to “normal services” before long. Classes will likely be the thing that takes me the longest time to get back to doing normally.
Wanted to say a huge thank you to the favor I put out – I had numerous offers to prepay, I accepted some, and am holding the others in mind in case I need. A few extra expenses popped up that first week off, but it’s all covered now.
Class schedule update
It’s all back. Just me teaching from the chair.
Taylor & virtual sessions
- Nothing at the moment – I’m intentionally blocking out some open slots so I can rest between sessions. If you NEED a session though, please text/email me. Once I see how I’m doing, I may open some up.
- Last minute openings happen – keep checking in or ask please!
Massage, craniosacral therapy, Body Symmetry correction & personal training are now available at this location.
- Nov 22, 215p, 330p.
- last minute openings happen – keep checking in or ask please!
Fridays – 130-4p. Please contact me directly to schedule a Friday session.
- Starting January 5, I’ll be in every other week. Sessions for these dates will be available schedule while I’m recovering with bionic knee #2 (Oct 30-Nov 10).
- last minute openings happen – ask please!