I have been in the field of fitness, health & wellness since 1991, have trained and certified other fitness professionals thru AFAA since 1993 (Personal Training, Primary Group Ex, and workshops on Pilates, indoor cycling, yoga, Injury prevention and more). I opened Amber Moon Studio when I moved to Austin in 2006.
Currently its just me here at the Studio. I retired from AFAA in December 2015 to be able to focus on this Studio more, and what a blast! To have weekends free for training (I’m still a triathlete), gardening, doing what I want. Life IS good!
My credentials include:
- MS Exercise Science, The University of Tennessee, 1999 (go Vols!!!)
- BS Physical Education, Leisure Services emphasis, Winthrop University 1997
- Licensed Massage Therapist (MT# 106621)
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- Certified Instructor in the Viniyoga Tradition
- ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist
- STOTT PILATES® Certified
- USAT Certified Level 1 Coach
The Making of a Redhead: a journey through pain & into Light.
This is my story. It’s incomplete, but its a start. Its still ongoing. I’ll add sections as they get written, but the Universe is saying this needs to get out there now.
(or: things i’ve accomplished to hint at the process, but you’re anxiously awaiting the process). Be good and read these in order…
- My first half marathon, Dec 2009
- Some other races, injuries, April 2010
- Danskin Triathlon, June 2010
- Champions Duathlon, March 2011
- My first Half IronMan, April 2011
Part II: Coming into the Light
Part III: The Year of 5 injuries, Mischevious Imps & Green Gooey Spiders